It’s time to once again check in on how our Frontier League draft class players for 2015 are doing this season (as of August 3rd).
Part Three was written in June and covered the players one month after the season had began.
- one player has been suspended (Kevin Jefferis, June 16th)
- two players were traded (Ty Nelson was traded from the Lake Erie Crushers to the Schaumburg Boomers on July 16th, and Scott Harkin was placed on the 7 day DL and traded from the Gateway Grizzlies to the Southern Illinois Miners on July 30th)
- one player was released and then signed by another team (Joe Iorio was released by the Washington Wild Things on July 10th and signed by the Southern Illinois Miners on July 31st)
- and one player was released (David Duncan was released by the Florence Freedom on June 12th)
Here are the updates for the remaining draft picks still in the league:
- Nick Grim, RHP, Rockford, E – Has pitched in 15 games (6 starts) with a 1-5 record. In 40.2 IP, he has a 6.19 ERA.
- Scott Harkin, RHP, Gateway & Southern Illinois, R2 – Has pitched in 22 games (all with Gateway) with a 2-3 record. He had a 3.73 ERA with 32 K in 31.1 IP before being placed on the DL and being traded. He remains on the Miners’ DL.
- Ty Nelson, OF, Lake Erie & Schaumburg, E – Has played in 57 games (43 with Lake Erie and 14 for Schaumburg). In 191 AB, he has an overall average of .215.
- Joe Iorio, RHP, Washington & Southern Illinois, R1- Has appeared in 14 games (12 with Washington and 2 with Southern Illinois) with 22.1 total IP. His overall ERA is 5.24.
- Kyle Bogese, RHP, Frontier Greys, R2 – Has pitched in 16 games (4 starts) with a 0-4 record. In 34.2 IP, he has a 6.49 ERA.
- David Russo, LHP, Rockford, R2 – Has appeared in 26 games with a 2-1 record. In 25.2 IP, he has a 5.96 ERA.
- John Fidanza, C, Washington, R1 – Has played in 34 games. In 99 AB, he has a .172 avg.
- Jack Clearly, C, Joliet, E – Has played in 51 games with a .257 avg in 167 AB. He was also selected to the Frontier League All-Star game.
- Jordan Kraus, RHP, Frontier Greys, R1 – Has started in 13 games with a 2.85 ERA and 5-4 record. He also leads the team with 62 K in 82 IP. (Note- I have missed Kraus in my first few posts about the Draft Class. He was indeed signed after Spring Training and started the season with the Greys.)
- *Ernie Zaragoza, RHP, Washington, R1 – Has made 11 starts with a 5-5 record. In 53.2 IP, he has a 3.38 ERA with 33 K.
- **Brodie Liebrandt, LHP, Evansville – No stats. Has yet to appear in a game.
- ***Collin Shaw, RHP, Gateway, R1 – Has made 1 start. In 3 IP, he has a 9.00 ERA and an 0-1 record.
*Ernie Zaragoza was re-signed by the Washington Wild Things at the end of May. Zaragoza, who was selected by the Wild Things as the 17th selection in the 2015 draft, was originally released at the end of spring training.
** Brodie Liebrandt was re-signed by the Evansville Otters on July 30th. Liebrandt was selected 11th overall by the Otters in the 2015 draft but was also originally released by the team before the start of the season.
*** Colin Shaw was drafted by the Frontier Greys as the 26th pick overall but was released during spring training. Currently, he is playing with the Grizzlies after being signed on July 31st.
(All stats and transactions courtesy of Pointstreak)
You can also check out Part One and Part Two of the Frontier League draft class by clicking on the links provided.
If you don’t want to miss any future posts, be sure to subscribe!